Sensibilities

An attempt to make sense of things in a random universe, one Friday at a time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Leaving my footsteps for you to find and follow, my love.

06 September 2013

I have an Etsy Store

It's called Paper Love Forever. In it, I design custom-made planner inserts for the Filofax, Franklin Covey, and other organizers with similar hole configurations.



Paper has always been my most preferred medium, and when I work with paper I feel like I am truly in my element. Also, because of my OCD, designing paper planners and time-management systems relieves my compulsion for order, and makes me feel like all is well in the world.



I also design custom-made tracking boxes for the planner inserts, so that my clients -- as well as I -- can stay on top of the many things that we all have to deal with on a daily basis, making sure that nothing falls though the cracks.

It might sound like a lot of work, but when something is already an organic part of your life, you find that it's much, much more natural than you used to think, and being without it would be like going through life without wearing shoes or drinking water.

The store opened quietly at the end of August, and so far I have had good support. My clients are usually from the US and UK, and prefer planning on paper rather than on the iPad. That, I can certainly relate to.


I don't know where this store will bring me, but I am open to possibilities, and I am grateful for the chance to have a hand at designing. I like the feeling of just putting on my headphones and listening to glorious music while working with the vectors that make up the planner elements. In zoning out the noise and clutter of the world, I can zone into the order that I need so much in my life.

Yes, paper, in its many creative forms and applications, is always good for the soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home